“Who then is willing to consecrate his service this day unto the Lord?” –I Chronicles 29:5
King David was leading the people to give to God and His work.
Why Give To God?
1. All things belong to Him. – v. 10, 11
2. All that we have comes from Him. – v. 12, 14
3. He is worthy of our trust and praise. – v. 13
4. We will give account to Him for how we managed what He gave to us. – v. 15
• Here for a short time
– “Do your giving while you’re living so you’re knowing where its going”
5. He sees our hearts. – v. 17 (I Chronicles 28:9)
Conclusion: The work of God is not built upon spare time and spare change. We cannot out give God. Invest your time, talent and treasure in that which never dies.