God has opened the door to continue the ministry of a children’s home in Monroe, NC. Founders and Directors Sal and Pauline Citro, and the Board of Directors have asked Pastor Tim Cruse and the Shining Light Baptist Church family to assume the ministry by becoming the new President and Board of The Shepherd’s Place.
• Located on 125 wooded acres in Monroe, NC.
• Built in 1991 with a present tax value of over $1.3 million.
• Fully furnished with site plan and infrastructure for future development already in place.
• 40 acres set aside for growing food & cattle (farm equipment & cattle needed – items are also being received for the home’s Thrift Store)
• Used of the Lord to help a number of children.
Bro. Citro is now 84 years old. He and his wife have been praying for several years for God to raise up someone to continue this ministry. The main burden of their hearts, and that of the founding board members, is to retire the remaining notes in the amount of $625,000 that they originally incurred to buy the land and build the home.
We are asking pastors to pray about leading their church families to invest in the lives of precious children by taking up an offering to help retire these commitments so the home can begin the next chapter strong, and to also consider supporting the home each month. Several churches and individuals have already committed to give $1,000 each. Any amount God would lead you to give will be greatly appreciated.
We are also asking individuals, businesses, and anyone else you may know who can help, to please go through this open door with us as we trust God to make a way for this home to continue. To request a DVD copy of our video for yourself or to share with others, call (704) 283-1480.
Tax-deductible gifts & support can be sent to:
PO Box 1743 | Monroe, NC 28111
– or –
given online at theshepherdsplacechildrenshome.com