1. God uses what we have, not what we don’t have. “He saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? go and see. And when they knew, they say, Five, and two fishes.” (vs. 38)
2. God orders His work. “And he commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the green grass. And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties.” (vs. 39, 40) – the right people, place, time, and way.
- The difference is God. “And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all.” (vs. 41)
- God gives enough. “And they did all eat, and were filled.” (vs. 42)
- God gives more than enough. “And they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments, and of the fishes.” (vs. 43)