Understanding Your Parents
• We love you more than life.
• We have many responsibilities we must attend to on a daily basis.
• We discipline you because we delight in you and want God’s best for your life.
• Our heart is strengthened by your attitude of submission and forgiveness.
• We are charged by God to keep you pure in mind, heart and body until you
have learned the discipline to do so yourself.
• We reserve the right to veto friendships and potential relationships with or
• God protects, corrects and directs you through our prayers and wise counsel.
• We hold you accountable to teach you responsibility to God.
• We would rather do without than to see you do without.
• Though our heart breaks, we must allow you to feel the sting of failure so you
can appreciate the fruit of success.